Thursday, October 3, 2013

Wow! It's October already!

I just realized my last post was back in March. How time flies!

A lot has happened since then for me and my family. We've moved and are now settled in our new home near the beach on the east coast. It's a beautiful, historic area with endless things to do, both indoors and out. After I established myself at the local library, I found a pamphlet on the area's writer memberships and conferences. They were holding a free flash fiction workshop at the library and were holding a weekend conference literally 5 minutes from my house! I'm excited to be in an area that is supportive of the arts at last!

Now if only I were writing :(

That will come with time. . .meanwhile I dabbled with painting a little. Just for myself and my family's enjoyment. Which explains the mermaid painting for my daughter, who is currently obsessed with mermaids. Next up will be a horse. (Also an obsession)

Another event to report is that I returned to Ecuador with my family this summer. It was my first trip back in 8 years and it was wonderful. Now I'm determined to retire there early when my youngest finishes school. I have a long time to go but I can dream in the meantime :)

I'm really looking forward to hearing from all of you in my long lost cyber writing world, and of hearing of your latest adventures too. I'll be making my rounds. .

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to hear your settling into your new area. It sounds like you've found great place. And how fun to visit Ecuador again! Scotland is the place for me. Love the mermaid picture. Wish I could do that for my daughter but I'm going to have to stick to quilting. Good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quilting! Wow- that takes talent. I'm helpless sewing. I don't even do buttons anymore because my husband is 100x better then me at it :) Nice to hear from you again!

      Delete
  2. Yay! You're back! Your new home and town sound wonderful. So is your painting. I haven't been writing much either (other than blog posts here and there) but will get back to my WIP soon with fresh perspective after my summer and early fall break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know- I think there's something to taking a nice long break with writing. I'm looking forward to picking up the pen again too. My new home is wonderful and it's good to be settled. So glad to hear from you!

      Delete
  3. So glad you're back and that things are going well. I'm originally from the east coast and do miss it. Have a great time at the conference, I'm sure it'll give you inspiration for your writing. And love your mermaid painting. My daughter would love that too. She's into mermaids as well and dragons of all things, lol! And Ecuador must have been amazing, can't wait to hear more about your trip. Good to have you back! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I didn't make the conference this year. But maybe next, I was just glad to see that there are options and support for writers in my area.
      Anyway- I'm excited to pick up with all of you again and to see what's transpired in your lives since I left off. I'll have to do some blogs on Ecuador- It's changed a lot since last time I visited.

      Delete
  4. Hey Rose, welcome back!
    That's an awesome painting.
    Good to hear about your new home town and that you're settling in nicely. A historic area means lots of interesting things that can slip into your stories at some point...
    And it's great that you're in an area where there is writerly support...
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete