Friday, April 6, 2012

F is for Fear

F is for Fear.  If you read my last post, you'll know what I'm currently afraid of.  My husband and I had a long talk last night about things, and what really bothers me is my young children.  I want to be around a LONG time for them, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen.  Next I fear what health complications will do to our finances.  My husband carries the insurance, and he works for one of the biggest financial institutions in the world, but our insurance coverage changed this year.  Basically, if you're healthy, you are covered 100%, if you're not, plan on paying thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket expenses in deductibles and copays.
I'm not blaming Obama at all for this, as most people do, because as a nurse I KNOW it is a lot more complex than that.  Our healthcare system is out of control, and there are no quick, easy fixes.
I actually fear this more than my actual health problems, because who wants to be sick and ruin the family financially at the same time.

12 comments:

  1. Health insurance is one of the scariest things I know. We're still going around in circles between the hospital and our insurance over the bills when our son was born 3 years ago! We can't blame it on Obama because there are too many things that influence it but you're right that it needs a fix.

    Good luck with it all. Hopefully it will be nothing and you won't need to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughts. I know of so many horror stories with insurance, medical bills, etc. It's hard not to worry. But I agree- I sooo want it to be nothing!

      Delete
  2. I am thinking positive and hopeful thoughts for you, Honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let go of the fear, because it makes things worse and doesn't change anything. Often the very things we fear are what happens to us. Not sure why that is-- maybe it's negative energy that wears us down or something. Wishing you all the best as you face the future with a positive attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't help but be a little bit of a downer today. I just spoke with the hospital and I'll have to pay over $1000 for the MRI out of pocket. And I'm insured! Believe me I'm grateful for that- I know all too well what happens to those who are not.

      Delete
  4. I'm hopping over from the A to Z challenge!

    Love the blog and am a new follower. (The photo at the top is precious)

    Keeping positive thoughts going for you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thanks:) I'm usually more positive than this, so hang in there.

      Delete
  5. Heya! Thanks for stopping by my place and now I am eager to see your work too! I am sorry you now have this fear hanging over you - a tumor and the accompanying issues of health care. i completely agree that the health system needs revamping - as does education.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you. Somethings wrong when education is on the chopping block for budget cuts!

      Delete
  6. Hello, Honey! You're right that there are no easy fixes. And even if there were, it wouldn't please everybody. Wishing you and your family many blessings and good health!

    Have a great weekend and happy A to Z!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

      Delete